Thursday 19 March 2015

Planning/Design


Style:

For the style of my comic I have decided to mix German WW2 posters with a conventional comic book style. I love the colours and the shading of the posters which is what I want to include in my comic. I want to make the comic resemble that time era yet also have a modern day style with it.

Posters were made to support the war and encourage people to join the army to serve their country. In nazi Germany they were used to support the Nazi party and Hitler. On one poster it states "die fahne des sieges" which means "The banner of Victory" suggesting that the Nazi symbol/flag is a symbol of victory.

Posters were also to warn people that a spy could be listening, to save food and materials, The World War 2 era was also a time that posters were made by the old printing technique to mass produce. Most of the posters use vectors and very limited colours.



In 1914 before the third Reich's reign, Hitler was an amazing artist using mostly watercolour for his work. The watercoloured images of Adolf's work was very soft and almost resembles the posters and their colour schemes. Due to the controversy of the subject being the artist the majority of his artwork are currently seized by American Officials who refuse the art to be on exhibit. Some of the artwork however is held by private individuals some fetching to over 100,00 euros.

Uniforms




















My main character will be a German general/scientist so looking into the era's uniforms is important. I have found a page of uniforms which I thought could be useful for designing characters along side my main character and to have a range of ideas and designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment